Home With A New Meaning

August 26 was the day when I paid my first rental for a house in Guiwanon, Baclayon. I felt freedom after a long time. Never did I thought that there is this kind of peace that I felt after I left "home".

HOME, always the word being valued where you will feel loved, secured and protected. And this always come with two people whom you can look up to - PARENTS.

However, in my case, this has never been real. 

HOME to me, today, has been REDEFINED by ME.


At this moment, I realized, that home can be the absence of people you once hold dear.

HOME to me now, at 36 is: contentment, peace of mind, the absence of fear, silence, solitude and freedom. After finding all these, I wanted to cry. Why for the first time did I felt this way? Maybe because all my life I have to survive WITH many people, even the ones who are difficult to deal with.



For the first time, I have my own place, where I can do anything, when I want it, to be lazy if I wanted to. Not afraid anymore because of someone's presence, toxic from being intoxicated!

For now, you are my HOME! 



And you are just an added bonus to my already happy PRESENT, Oggi! :)

Oggi - this Shih Tzu is a gift from a gorgeous cousin Kent from Tacloban City :) I can't thank him enough for the joy :)




Carpe Diem :)


Comments

Popular Posts