Quarantine Diaries 4/22/2020 - A Gift For C






I call him C. He is like my Task Rabbit. I have my full trust in him. Every time I feel like I can't make it to work on time, he always come to rescue me with his motorbike. He is a habal-habal driver. Habal-habal is a motorbike intended for transport in the Philippines. These are men who rely on passengers who don't want to be inconvenienced by riding the usual bus or mini-bus. Motorbikes can zoom fast and reliable when someone is running out of time.

C has been my favorite driver because he is not demanding with the rates. Sometimes he would just say "well, it depends on you". He's okay with how much you pay him. Because of his attitude, the more that I trusted him with the service. I will text him anytime, and he would reply. I can trust him with my mother when I need someone to look after her doing errands. I can ask him to bring something at my parents' place if I don't feel like going there. I can ask him to take my friend with my dog to the vet. He is also the one I can ask to buy me Gasul - a liquefied petroleum gas for cooking. Almost anything that I asked him, he is almost available, no questions asked. With this, I almost always pay him double or three times of his rate because of his honest service and availability.

Unfortunately, with the social distancing at the moment due to corona virus, his livelihood is gravely affected. He cannot drive :( I'm sure he received a little help from the government, but how long can it last? How long can a five kilos rice last?

After knowing him for a long time, I learned about his family. He is married with a three-year-old little girl. They live in a rented house, NEAR me, so I thank God for this. He is near me that is why I can easily see him around and ask his service. He is actually from another province called Negros Oriental. I forgot if it is because he married someone from Bohol or whatever reason did he came here.

I'm kind of not at peace thinking about his situation, so after more than 2 weeks of staying at home, I finally bought groceries. I also included him in my list. I offered this moment to God, for HE is the giver, so I must give. I hope you will be happy, Lord :)

In it I included, onion, garlic, seasoning, laundry soap, sachets of coffee and chocolate drinks, shampoo, a pack of milk for his child, wafer biscuits, canned of sardines, rice, sugar and noodles.

And so, this sums up my meaningful accomplishment today ;)

Comments

Popular Posts