Is This My Curse? :D


I can still remember vividly. I was in Elementary years when I noticed De Beers’ commercial of rings on TV. My family is so poor that I can only have a chance to watch TV at my neighbour’s house. It was even the BLACK and WHITE kind of television, that which when the owner has to change channel, he has to turn that part that looks like a knob and press.

I told myself “Once I can save and have my own money, I will buy a ring like that”.
Still a child, around eight to eleven, I always look at it with daydreaming.

In 2005, from my salary, I went to SM Sta. Rosa when I was living in Laguna and bought my dream ring.

Yey, I was beyond myself! I finally had my dream come true.

I was not even aware that the kind of ring that I love so much was a typical design of an Engagement Ring. How would I know? I was only a kid when I became obsessed with seeing the piece on TV!
Little did I know that this is also the very reason that random men would stare at my finger. For me, it was my accessory. For them, specially with foreigners, they thought I am engaged.

Oh well, I ended up thinking that if a man is really interested, he SHOULD just ask me ;)

This has been with me for 14 years, so now I’m kind of thinking, could this be my curse?
That because of this, I am still single. Haha. Maybe. And, well, who cares?

Life is good! Thank you, RING! :)

Carpe Diem!

Comments

Popular Posts