These Dishes (193 of 365)

 

I was able to buy shrimp and fish from my colleague E. Unfortunately, I made the wrong decision to cook the fish into an "inon-on or inon-onan".

Inon-onan is a Bisaya for this way of cooking. In Tagalog, this is called "paksiw". This is a very common way of cooking our fish in the Philippines. It is simply to simmer the fish in vinegar, salt, ginger (optional), pepper and garlic. 

However, the fish that I had were danggit (spinefoot) and kitong (rabbitfish) don't go well with cooking this way. They stink! The very pungent fish smell is just so horrible. I could just have fried it as most of my friends would have done.

Lesson that I learned today.

Also I have made beef stew. It was okay, at least it's yummy :)

Even if I have cut 90% on my meat consumption as I prefer vegetables recently, I still cook meat sometimes, for my parents and family back home. 

I just spent my afternoon sleeping there though :)

At 5pm, I decided to go back to the City to buy a Christmas gift for my Colleague, for tomorrow and head home to Baclay :)



Inon-onang danggit and kitong.

                                                                          Beef stew.

Comments

Popular Posts